Title: Administrative Missionary
Purpose: To manage administrative details for Signposts Ministries, so they can better serve families that have children with chronic health problems or disabilities, both locally and internationally. Signposts Ministries provides compassionate care for the glory of God, and encompasses all areas: social, emotional, physical, and intellectual
Report: The Administrative Missionary reports to the Board of Directors for Signposts Ministries, usually through the CEO, Annie Beth Donahue.
Key Result Areas (KRA):
Supporting Goal for KRA #1- I will manage the affairs of Signposts Ministries in a way that leaves no question in the mind of the IRS and the public that SpM is a non-profit that is being run with integrity and transparency.
Performance Standards for KRA #1: This will be satisfactorily performed when…
- I thoroughly educate myself on the non-profit laws in North Carolina and make sure Signposts Ministries is following the letter of the law.
- Quarterly, I review the bi-laws of the organization and communicate with the board to make sure SpM is operating according to the bi-laws. If there is a discrepancy, I ensure the Board takes measures to either change operating procedure or properly amends the bi-laws.
- I receive, review for error, and file copies of all bank statements, expenditure receipts, and donation receipts for SpM and keep them organized and easy to access at tax time.
- I request copies of the quarterly business meetings notes and organize them into a notebook, which is kept easy to access at tax time.
- I annually apply for our solicitations license.
- I annually prepare our tax forms and accompanying documents to be submitted to the accountant before April 1st.
- I annually decide what type of liability insurance may be necessary based on the activities of the non-profit, recommend a policy to the board, and oversee the purchase of the plan.
- I will create and publish a monthly newsletter.
- I maintain files on all the families we have served or been referred to, and record pertinent details such as name, address, contact information, diagnosis, etc.
KRA #2 – Fundraising
Supporting Goal for KRA #2: I will oversee fundraising activities for Signposts Ministries and seek to I
Performance Standards for KRA #2: This will be satisfactorily performed when…
- I thoroughly educate myself on the laws that regulate non-profit fundraising and make sure Signposts Ministries is following the letter of the law.
- I research successful fundraising methods and avoid campaigns that will be off-putting to our supporters.
- I make contact with previous donors through thank you notes, the monthly newsletter, and year-end, hand signed mailings.
- I make contact with potential and former donors and manage fundraising efforts through email, phone, or other forms of social media such as facebook and webpages.
- I maintain funding for my own salary as a missionary through fundraising my own financial support.
- I create presentations, brochures, and materials that assist in clearly presenting the mission of SpM.
KRA #3 –Ambassadorship
Supporting Goal for KRA #3: I will positively represent Signposts Ministries to individuals, churches, and other organizations, and encourage others to volunteer for ministry projects.
Performance Standards for KRA #3: This will be satisfactorily performed when…
- I maintain a list of volunteers that have worked with or shown interest in working with SpM, and make contact with them quarterly, through email or phone, to thank them for past service and inform them about upcoming projects.
- I represent Signposts Ministries in a positive manner in person and on the phone by having a pleasant, helpful attitude.
- I speak to churches and groups that are interested in learning more about Signposts Ministries.
- I encourage others to volunteer for Signposts Ministries whenever the opportunity naturally arises- during fundraisers, while speaking to community or church groups, etc.
KRA #4 – Communication
Supporting Goal for KRA #4: I will ensure that all communications with and within Signposts Ministries are done clearly, and in a timely fashion.
Performance Standards for KRA #4: This will be satisfactorily performed when…
- I answer emails within the same business day.
- I check my emails at least 3 times every business day- first thing in the morning, after lunch, and before ending work.
- I answer calls and voicemails within the same business day.
- I initiate contact with any missionary, volunteer, or contract worker that is currently in partnership with Signposts Ministries, on a weekly basis, either through phone or email, checking on their progress, enquiring about their well being, and asking if they are in need of anything from the ministry.
- I “cc” all email correspondence to Annie Beth Donahue.
- I write a brief summary of SpM activities and email it to the Board of Directors every month.
- I communicate with Annie Beth Donahue at least on a weekly basis, and more frequently as needed.
- I review all written correspondence before sending, to avoid grammatical error.
- Within the boundaries of reasonable colloquialisms, I use proper grammar when speaking on the phone.
KRA #5—Spiritual Leadership
Supporting Goal for KRA #5: I will be an example of spiritual leadership within Signposts Ministries.
Performance Standards for KRA #5: This will be satisfactorily performed when…
- I have a daily prayer time as part of my workday.
- I pray for all the Board Members, missionaries, contract workers, or volunteers that work with Signposts Ministries.
- I make a prayer request list of the families and missions projects we are working with and update it weekly, or more often if there is an urgent need.
- I email the prayer request list to the Board of Directors and all of our “prayer partners” on a weekly basis.
- I contact any families that have a current urgent prayer request by calling or emailing them once a week to see how they are doing.
- I contact other families that do not have urgent needs on a monthly basis to see how they are doing.
- I record the prayer requests of our missionaries or workers that I have received during our weekly contact.